Common Problems With Garage Doors
If you have a garage attached to your home, you know how convenient it is to have a covered place that you can park your car out of the elements, and also how convenient it is to have a place that is secure to keep some of your belongings like bicycles, tools, or car maintenance items.
When you have a problem with your equipment, this convenience can turn into a frustrating piece of mechanism that needs to be looked at by an expert.
Here are some of the most common problems that can cause your equipment to malfunction with opening or closing.
· Your automatic clicker has gone bad or is out of batteries. One of the easiest things to fix is with your automatic entrance. If you use a clicker to get in and out of your space and it isn’t working, always try for the simplest solution first.
Replace the batteries in your clicker and see if that does the trick. If your mechanism is working from inside of your garage and opening and closing when you use the button inside, the problem is probably with your clicker. You can look at testing or replacing your automatic opener.
· If the entrance itself won’t open or close, you might need to check out the electrical operation that opens and closes it.
You might need to consider working with a professional to make sure that you get the highest quality of service on your mechanism.
· You can’t get a seal at the bottom of the door, allowing water to come into your space. Again, this could be a problem with the electrical mechanism or it can simply be a problem with the seal where the door meets the floor of your space.
Check and see if there are any obvious cracks in the seal and see if it is meeting the ground.
· There are cracks in the panels. If you have exterior or interior cracks, it could be a simple fix to replace a panel or you might need to have parts of the exterior or interior replaced.
This can also be the case if you have warping of the materials in the exterior or the interior that are causing problems with opening or closing.
· If you have other problems with your mechanism that are causing problems with opening or closing and you need to find a professional for your garage door repair, find someone who is qualified and affordable to do your work.