The garage door plays a very important security role on your property. Unfortunately just like any other part, the door does face some problems after some time. It can be frustrating when your door just won’t function right. While there are some problems you can resolve by yourself, you might need to call in an expert to do proper repairs to get your garage door back in shape. You do not need to replace the entire door because a few repairs here and there can have your door functioning as good as new.
1. Sticky door – This issue occurs whether the gate is closed or being opened. If what you have is a remote controlled door, then you might want to first check on the switches, sensors and remote battery before anything else. For manual doors, it is an issue that usually occurs when the wheel track is obstructed. Get rid of any debris that could be causing the obstruction. It is also important to remember that weather and temperature can have an effect on the lubricant and it would therefore be helpful to lubricate the track. If the problem persists, then call in an expert to check further and offer a solution.
2. Broken door springs – The daily use of your garage door can lead to damage and breaking of the door springs. You might notice a sticky door or a door that moves unevenly or seems to move side to side when the door springs are broken. The springs ought to be of the same length and stretch to continue offering good service. Let the professionals offer you broken spring repair services and you will have the door functioning just right to avoid further damage and risks.
3. Faulty door opener – This is a very common problem with garage doors. If your remote control opener fails to function, then it could be the batteries and switches, but if they are in good state, then the tracks and cables might need a check. Some worn out gears might need replacing or a few slight adjustments might be all the door needs to get back to functionality. Garage door opener repair is amongst the many services that you can enjoy from your reliable service provider.
4. Loud noises – Loud grinding, squealing and screeching sounds when closing or opening the door are very common and they can be as simple as a lack of lubrication or stuck debris and dirt on the tracks. You might need to clean the entire track and lubricate it to enjoy smooth operation of the door again. There are special garage door oils that you can use to resolve the problem but you can always call in the experts if you are still concerned and worry that there could exist an additional problem.
5. Dented panels – Dents on your garage doors are inevitable and you will need to get professional repairs to repair them. Garage doors are structured differently and the panels can consist of layers hence the need to let the professionals do the repairs to avoid further damages.